Twitter @CFBMetrics, @xaviercromartie
Xavier Cromartie’s 2015 NFL Mock Draft 5.0 — Three-Rounds (includes team-by-team list)
*After player’s name is his previous Mock Draft projection from our prior 4.02 version
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: QB Jameis Winston (1)
A few are still putting Mariota here out of lingering anti-Winston sentiment.
2. *TRADE* Philadelphia Eagles: QB Marcus Mariota (2)
There is an 80% chance that this trade will happen. The 20% uncertainty is entirely based on the cooperativeness of the Bucs/Titans.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: OLB Vic Beasley (+) (8)
Beasley is physically the best Leo in the draft… and arguably the best prospect. Compares to Von Miller/DeMarcus Ware.
4. Oakland Raiders: DT Leonard Williams (-) (3)
After the Raiders sign Randall Cobb, they won’t necessarily pick Kevin White.
5. Washington Pigskins: OLB Alvin Dupree (+) (13)
With so much love being dedicated to Beasley, mock drafters seem to have missed that Dupree is an even more explosive Cameron Wake/Jamie Collins.
6. New York Jets: WR Kevin White (-) (4)
I don’t think he’s quite Julio Jones. Maybe more of a Cody Latimer.
7. Chicago Bears: NT Danny Shelton (7)
Not a pick I like personally, but the Bears are probably tired of getting run over.
8. Atlanta Falcons: DE Dante Fowler (-) (5)
Mock drafters have declared him the new pass-rush king. I think he’s ok… more of a late-first. I’m putting him here because of the Quinn connection.
9. New York Giants: DE/OLB Randy Gregory (9)
Let’s see him at 245-255 instead of 235.
10. Saint Louis Rams: WR Amari Cooper (-) (6)
Another attempt by the Rams to find a WR.
11. Minnesota Vikings: CB Trae Waynes (+) (16)
I won’t resist the post-4.31 surge. But I don’t like his frame nor agility.
12. Cleveland Browns: DT Malcom Brown (+) (21)
Teams are intrigued by Brown’s ability to move around the defensive line.
13. New Orleans Saints: DE/OLB Owamagbe Odighizuwa (+) (36)
Someone please explain this Todd McShay quote to me: “He doesn’t have elite explosiveness … but his vertical and broad jumps were both very good.” Isn’t that like claiming a WR can’t catch but has great hands? Diggy belongs in every top 15 as long as his medicals check out. Athletic, versatile players don’t fall.
14. Miami Dolphins: WR DeVante Parker (-) (11)
They might reach for need again, but it looks like they’ll get a value this year.
15. San Francisco 49ers: CB Byron Jones (+) (33)
Is Jones just another Taylor Mays, or is he the JJ Watt/Calvin Johnson of CBs? I side with the latter, and I would consider him as possibly the single best prospect in the entire class.
16. Houston Texans: RT Ereck Flowers (-) (12)
Offensive linemen are more valuable to run-first/bad-QB teams.
17. San Diego Chargers: LT Andrus Peat (+) (25)
He has very thick legs.
18. Kansas City Chiefs: G La’el Collins (-) (14)
The plan is to run the ball with Jamaal and Knile.
19. Cleveland Browns: G Brandon Scherff (-) (10)
They became much less competitive last year after Alex Mack went out because their run game couldn’t get going. Scherff would strengthen the right side.
20. *TRADE* Tennessee Titans: OLB Shane Ray (+) (22)
I am not dropping Ray to round 2 yet, but it wouldn’t shock me to see him there soon.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: DE Preston Smith (+) (39)
Every year, there’s a pick that mock drafters didn’t see coming but makes sense in retrospect. This pick is not a reach. Smith should be a top-20 player.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Jalen Collins (+) (27)
Collins is the third of three CBs who are solidly in the first round.
23. Detroit Lions: RB Todd Gurley (23)
Their biggest weakness (other than QB) is the RB position.
24. Arizona Cardinals: LB Eric Kendricks (-) (18)
The top OLBs are gone, and so they go inside.
25. Carolina Panthers: LT DJ Humphries (-) (17)
Media mockers were asleep on Hump until Daniel Jeremiah called them out.
26. Baltimore Ravens: DE Arik Armstead (-) (15)
The Ravens tend to take the best defender available. Armstead is an upside project.
27. Dallas Cowboys: DE Mario Edwards (+) (53)
It sounds like the NFL is higher on Edwards than the media.
28. Denver Broncos: TE Maxx Williams (+) (50)
Teams at the bottom of the first round are interested in Williams, whether we like it or not.
29. Indianapolis Colts: S Landon Collins (-) (20)
It’s a bad safety class.
30. Green Bay Packers: ILB Stephone Anthony (+) (62)
The physically impressive Anthony is just starting to get some late-first buzz.
31. Seattle Seahawks: CB Marcus Peters (+) (37)
He steps right in for Byron Maxwell.
32. New England Patriots: C Cameron Erving (+) (42)
Belichick loves the versatile players.
**See the 2015 NFL Draft and 2015 Dynasty Rookie Draft, like never before with our Moneyball-style scouting reports and rankings. Go to www.collegefootballmetrics.com **
33. Tennessee Titans: CB Kevin Johnson (+) (38)
34. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LB Bernardrick McKinney (34)
35. Oakland Raiders: LB Denzel Perryman (+) (41)
36. Jacksonville Jaguars: RT Jake Fisher (+) (40)
37. New York Jets: CB Ronald Darby (+) (44)
38. Washington Pigskins: CB/S Eric Rowe (+) (52)
39. Chicago Bears: DE Eddie Goldman (-) (28)
40. New York Giants: RT TJ Clemmings (-) (35)
41. Saint Louis Rams: LB Shaq Thompson (+) (45)
42. Atlanta Falcons: RB Melvin Gordon (-) (29)
43. Cleveland Browns: QB Brett Hundley (-) (19)
44. New Orleans Saints: CB Alex Carter (+) (56)
45. Minnesota Vikings: WR Jaelen Strong (-) (43)
46. San Francisco 49ers: WR Breshad Perriman (-) (31)
47. Miami Dolphins: G AJ Cann (+) (54)
48. San Diego Chargers: OLB Eli Harold (-) (24)
49. Kansas City Chiefs: CB/S Quinten Rollins (+) (59)
50. Buffalo Bills: LT Cedric Ogbuehi (-) (49)
51. Houston Texans: NT Jordan Phillips (-) (30)
52. Philadelphia Eagles: RB Duke Johnson (+) (83)
53. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Dorial Green-Beckham (-) (46)
54. Detroit Lions: DT Carl Davis (-) (32)
55. Arizona Cardinals: OLB Danielle Hunter (-) (26)
56. Pittsburgh Steelers: RB TJ Yeldon (+) (73)
57. Carolina Panthers: WR Phillip Dorsett (-) (47)
58. Baltimore Ravens: WR Devin Smith (-) (57)
59. Denver Broncos: DE Henry Anderson (+) (87)
60. Dallas Cowboys: CB PJ Williams (-) (48)
61. Indianapolis Colts: WR Nelson Agholor (61)
62. Green Bay Packers: RT Ty Sambrailo (-) (51)
63. Seattle Seahawks: WR Sammie Coates (+) (72)
64. New England Patriots: DT Grady Jarrett (+) (88)
**Fantasy Football Metrics and College Football Metrics IDP Dynasty (three-year) projections now exist on the Fantasy Football Management technology: “The Machine.” See “The Machine” here (link): The Machine via FFM
65. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: G Jeremiah Poutasi (-) (64)
66. Tennessee Titans: RT Donovan Smith (-) (58)
67. Jacksonville Jaguars: DT Michael Bennett (-) (63)
68. Oakland Raiders: RB Ameer Abdullah (+) (70)
69. Washington Pigskins: S Jaquiski Tartt (+) (74)
70. New York Jets: RB David Johnson (-) (55)
71. Chicago Bears: CB Steven Nelson (+) (95)
72. Saint Louis Rams: RT Daryl Williams (-) (67)
73. Atlanta Falcons: C Hroniss Grasu (+) (93)
74. New York Giants: S Damarious Randall (+) (NR)
75. New Orleans Saints: RB Jay Ajayi (-) (68)
76. Minnesota Vikings: G Ali Marpet (+) (79)
77. Cleveland Browns: WR Devin Funchess (+) (90)
78. Miami Dolphins: OLB Paul Dawson (78)
79. San Francisco 49ers: G Laken Tomlinson (-) (76)
80. Kansas City Chiefs: WR Justin Hardy (80)
81. Buffalo Bills: TE Clive Walford (-) (77)
82. Houston Texans: CB D’Joun Smith (+) (86)
83. San Diego Chargers: RB Tevin Coleman (+) (91)
84. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (+) (NR)
85. Cincinnati Bengals: LB Kwon Alexander (+) (NR)
86. Arizona Cardinals: CB Josh Shaw (+) (NR)
87. Pittsburgh Steelers: OLB Nate Orchard (-) (81)
88. Detroit Lions: DE Lorenzo Mauldin (-) (66)
89. Carolina Panthers: DE Trey Flowers (89)
90. Baltimore Ravens: S James Sample (+) (96)
91. Dallas Cowboys: RB Jeremy Langford (+) (NR)
92. Denver Broncos: G Tre Jackson (-) (65)
93. Indianapolis Colts: G Josue Matias (-) (92)
94. Green Bay Packers: NT Ellis McCarthy (-) (75)
95. Seattle Seahawks: DT Xavier Cooper (+) (99)
96. New England Patriots: RB Cameron Artis-Payne (+) (NR)
97. Compensatory: WR Chris Conley (97)
98. Compensatory: WR Darren Waller (98)
99. Compensatory: WR Tyler Lockett (+) (NR)
100. Compensatory: QB Jake Waters (100)
Dropped out: DE Markus Golden (60), S Ibraheim Campbell (69), FS Gerod Holliman (71), NT Joey Mbu (82), CB Charles Gaines (84), WR Rashad Greene (85), CB Senquez Golson (94)
24. LB Eric Kendricks
55. OLB Danielle Hunter
86. CB Josh Shaw
8. DE Dante Fowler
42. RB Melvin Gordon
73. C Hroniss Grasu
26. DE Arik Armstead
58. WR Devin Smith
90. S James Sample
50. LT Cedric Ogbuehi
81. TE Clive Walford
25. LT DJ Humphries
57. WR Phillip Dorsett
89. DE Trey Flowers
7. NT Danny Shelton
39. DE Eddie Goldman
71. CB Steven Nelson
21. DE Preston Smith
53. WR Dorial Green-Beckham
85. LB Kwon Alexander
12. DT Malcom Brown
19. G Brandon Scherff
43. QB Brett Hundley
77. WR Devin Funchess
27. DE Mario Edwards
60. CB PJ Williams
91. RB Jeremy Langford
28. TE Maxx Williams
59. DE Henry Anderson
92. G Tre Jackson
23. RB Todd Gurley
54. DT Carl Davis
88. DE Lorenzo Mauldin
Green Bay Packers
30. ILB Stephone Anthony
62. RT Ty Sambrailo
94. NT Ellis McCarthy
16. RT Ereck Flowers
51. NT Jordan Phillips
83. CB D’Joun Smith
29. S Landon Collins
61. WR Nelson Agholor
93. G Josue Matias
3. OLB Vic Beasley
36. RT Jake Fisher
67. DT Michael Bennett
Kansas City Chiefs
18. G La’el Collins
49. CB/S Quinten Rollins
80. WR Justin Hardy
14. WR DeVante Parker
47. G AJ Cann
78. OLB Paul Dawson
11. CB Trae Waynes
45. WR Jaelen Strong
76. G Ali Marpet
New England Patriots
32. C Cameron Erving
64. DT Grady Jarrett
96. RB Cameron Artis-Payne
New Orleans Saints
13. DE/OLB Owamagbe Odighizuwa
44. CB Alex Carter
75. RB Jay Ajayi
New York Giants
9. DE/OLB Randy Gregory
40. RT TJ Clemmings
74. S Damarious Randall
New York Jets
6. WR Kevin White
37. CB Ronald Darby
70. RB David Johnson
4. DT Leonard Williams
35. LB Denzel Perryman
68. RB Ameer Abdullah
2. QB Marcus Mariota
52. RB Duke Johnson
84. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
22. CB Jalen Collins
56. RB TJ Yeldon
87. OLB Nate Orchard
Saint Louis Rams
10. WR Amari Cooper
41. LB Shaq Thompson
72. RT Daryl Williams
San Diego Chargers
17. LT Andrus Peat
48. OLB Eli Harold
83. RB Tevin Coleman
San Francisco 49ers
16. CB Byron Jones
46. WR Breshad Perriman
79. G Laken Tomlinson
31. CB Marcus Peters
63. WR Sammie Coates
95. DT Xavier Cooper
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1. QB Jameis Winston
34. LB Bernardrick McKinney
65. G Jeremiah Poutasi
20. OLB Shane Ray
33. CB Kevin Johnson
66. RT Donovan Smith
5. OLB Alvin Dupree
38. CB/S Eric Rowe
69. S Jaquiski Tartt
– R.C. Fischer is an NFL Draft analyst for College Football Metrics.com, and a football projections analyst and writer for Fantasy Football Metrics.com. He is also a lead writer for ‘Play The Draft.com’. His group also provides player projections for Advanced Sports Logic’s football software “The Machine.” See “The Machine” here: The Machine via FFM
**If you enjoy the free content on Fantasy Football Metrics.com please consider making your next Amazon purchase through our website/link partnership with Amazon. You’re going to buy something at Amazon anyway, there is no extra charge — help give us a little love! Feel free to save/bookmark this link in your favorites and you will have it for all future Amazon purchases. Thanks for your consideration! Link — Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more **