Tags — mock draft, NFL Draft prospects, sleepers, dynasty rookie draft
Twitter @CFBMetrics, @FFMetrics
At College Football Metrics, we want to outperform all other scouting services in correctly evaluating where teams should take prospects in the NFL Draft. But we also want to lead the way in predicting what teams will actually do with their draft picks. In 2015, we made our debut in The Huddle Report’s exclusive, expert-only NFL Draft contests. CFM took 5th place (out of 113) in the mock draft competition and 4th place (out of 56) in the top 100 board competition. In 2016, we want double crowns!
CFM has partnered with Xavier Cromartie (Twitter @xaviercromartie) to produce mock drafts and top 100 prospect boards based on his latest intel, research, and analysis. Xavier was the final grand prize winner of ESPN’s NFL Draft 1st Round Forecast game, and he is the undefeated Play The Draft Champion Emeritus.
Draft scenarios change as new information comes in during draft season, and so we will run updates here as often as Xavier makes adjustments to his mocks and boards.
New position labels:
9T = 9-technique = 3-4 OLB
7T = 7-technique = 4-3 DE
5T = 5-technique = 3-4 DE
3T = 3-technique = 4-3 DE
1T = 1-technique = 4-3 NT
0T = 0-technique = 3-4 NT
$LB = Moneybacker = the Deone Bucannon position
Round 1 (team/player/school/ + or – from last report/pick # last report)
Needs: QB, FS, C, WR, CB
I need to brush up on my quantum mechanics to understand how this pick can be both Wentz and Goff simultaneously.
Needs: QB, WR, FS, 9T, MLB
When has a team that needed a franchise QB ever traded down to avoid taking one?
Needs: 5T, LT, FS, C, TE
Considering all possible draft scenarios, it may be more probable that Buckner ends up with the Chargers than Tunsil.
Needs: 7T, 3T, CB, RB, WR
They hope the Chargers pass on him.
Needs: MLB, SS, 7T, C, CB
I’ve had Jack going 4th or 5th since the first mock. The fit here is too good.
Needs: 5T, 9T, G, CB, MLB
I wonder if everyone started calling him the clear-cut top prospect only because they assumed the Titans would take him #1.
Needs: QB, CB, WR, MLB, G
He’s finally slipping a bit.
Needs: CB, G, RB, 7T, QB
Everyone seems pretty happy to let this pick happen.
Needs: CB, 7T, FS, RT, WR
Some mocks might flip Hargreaves and Floyd at 9/10. I don’t think they want Hargreaves.
Needs: LT, CB, MLB, FS, WR
Probably the scenario they’re hoping for.
Needs: LT, CB, 5T, 9T, RB
He’s sliding a little lately.
Needs: 7T, 3T, WR, CB, G
Slow or not he’s likely going top 20.
Needs: CB, RB, G, WLB, 7T
Love/hate based on scheme but he fits here.
Needs: 3T, 5T, WLB, SS, RB
Darron Lee would be an interesting alternative.
Needs: RT, SS, FS, CB, WR
They could move up a little to get him.
Needs: LT, 3T, 7T, SS, C
Most have Reed near the top of the DT rankings, for whatever reason.
Needs: WLB, TE, SS, WR, 7T
Otherwise Kevin Dodd, maybe?
Needs: 9T, RT, 1T, MLB, S
Deal with the right side of the line.
Needs: 7T, RT, WLB, WR, QB
Probably a front-7 guy here.
Needs: 9T, QB, RT, MLB, TE
Potential trade up or maybe they get him here anyway.
Needs: CB, MLB, 1T, C, WR
I think Washington is more likely to trade down. But if they do stay, Jones is a possible match.
Needs: WR, TE, SS, 0T, G
I don’t get why they want him instead of Coleman.
Needs: WR, 3T, CB, C, WLB
They might trade up to make this pick happen.
Needs: WR, 1T, CB, SS, 7T
Doctson would be a fine choice if he made it here.
Needs: SS, CB, 9T, LT, 1T
I think S is a much bigger need than CB.
Needs: LT, RT, 3T, CB, G
Needs: LT, MLB, 1T, TE, 9T
I haven’t changed this pick since the Combine.
Needs: CB, 9T, QB, 5T, WR
Still locked-in here too.
Needs: SS, C, 9T, CB, MLB
He could go earlier to WAS or SEA.
Needs: CB, SS, LT, RB, 7T
I’ll put him in the 1st but not Lawson.
Needs: QB, 5T, G, WLB, TE
He’s staying in round 1 for me.
*See more of our football work at Fantasy Football Metrics.com
Dynasty Rookie Draft analysis begins immediately after the draft on College Football Metrics.com. The first of 10-15 Dynasty Rookie Draft top 100+ (with IDP) rankings will hit immediately after the 2016 NFL Draft.
Dropped out: WR Charone Peake (89)
29. C Ryan Kelly (Alabama)
93. QB Cardale Jones (Ohio State)
17. WLB Darron Lee (Ohio State)
50. TE Hunter Henry (Arkansas)
81. $LB Miles Killebrew (Southern Utah)
6. OT Laremy Tunsil (Mississippi)
36. $LB Su’a Cravens (Southern California)
70. G Graham Glasgow (Michigan)
19. MLB Reggie Ragland (Alabama)
49. WR Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma)
80. QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State)
30. 7T Kevin Dodd (Clemson)
62. S Darian Thompson (Boise State)
93. RB Kenyan Drake (Alabama)
11. OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame)
41. 9T Noah Spence (Eastern Kentucky)
72. 5T Jihad Ward (Illinois)
24. 1T Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech)
55. WR Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh)
87. $LB Jeremy Cash (Duke)
2. QB Jared Goff (Cal)
32. WR Michael Thomas (Ohio State)
65. WLB Deion Jones (Louisiana State)
99. G Joe Dahl (Washington State)
4. CB/S Jalen Ramsey (Florida State)
34. RB Derrick Henry (Alabama)
67. 7T Bronson Kaufusi (Brigham Young)
31. 5T A’Shawn Robinson (Alabama)
63. G Cody Whitehair (Kansas State)
94. QB Dak Prescott (Mississippi State)
98. RB CJ Prosise (Notre Dame)
16. 1T Jarran Reed (Alabama)
46. OT Le’Raven Clark (Texas Tech)
95. S Justin Simmons (Boston College)
Green Bay Packers
27. OT Jason Spriggs (Indiana)
57. 1T Kenny Clark (UCLA)
88. MLB Joshua Perry (Ohio State)
22. WR Will Fuller (Notre Dame)
52. 0T Andrew Billings (Baylor)
85. TE Austin Hooper (Stanford)
18. OT Taylor Decker (Ohio State)
48. 9T Kamalei Correa (Boise State)
82. CB/S KeiVarae Russell (Notre Dame)
5. WLB Myles Jack (UCLA)
38. 7T Shaq Lawson (Clemson)
69. 3T Maliek Collins (Nebraska)
Kansas City Chiefs
28. CB Eli Apple (Ohio State)
59. 9T Kyler Fackrell (Utah State)
Los Angeles Rams
1. QB Carson Wentz (North Dakota State)
13. CB William Jackson (Houston)
42. 7T Emmanuel Ogbah (Oklahoma State)
73. RB Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech)
23. WR Josh Doctson (Texas Christian)
54. CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson)
86. 3T Hassan Ridgeway (Texas)
New England Patriots
60. 3T Adolphus Washington (Ohio State)
61. WR Braxton Miller (Ohio State)
91. 7T Carl Nassib (Penn State)
96. MLB Kentrell Brothers (Missouri)
New Orleans Saints
12. WR Laquon Treadwell (Mississippi)
47. QB Connor Cook (Michigan State)
78. K Roberto Aguayo (Florida State)
New York Giants
10. CB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida)
40. 3T Robert Nkemdiche (Mississippi)
71. RB Jordan Howard (Indiana)
New York Jets
20. QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis)
51. 9T Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State)
83. TE Nick Vannett (Ohio State)
14. 3T Sheldon Rankins (Louisville)
44. S Karl Joseph (West Virginia)
75. RB Devontae Booker (Utah)
8. RB Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State)
77. CB Zack Sanchez (Oklahoma)
79. 3T Sheldon Day (Notre Dame)
100. OT Willie Beavers (Western Michigan)
25. S Keanu Neal (Florida)
58. 9T Yannick Ngakoue (Maryland)
89. CB/S Sean Davis (Maryland)
San Diego Chargers
3. 5T DeForest Buckner (Oregon)
35. CB/S TJ Green (Clemson)
66. C Nick Martin (Notre Dame)
San Francisco 49ers
7. 7T Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
37. WR Corey Coleman (Baylor)
68. G Joshua Garnett (Stanford)
26. OT Germain Ifedi (Texas A&M)
56. 3T Jonathan Bullard (Florida)
90. OT Caleb Benenoch (UCLA)
97. G Christian Westerman (Arizona State)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. 9T Leonard Floyd (Georgia)
39. CB Artie Burns (Miami)
74. OT Shon Coleman (Auburn)
15. OT Jack Conklin (Michigan State)
33. CB Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech)
43. 1T Austin Johnson (Penn State)
45. S Vonn Bell (Ohio State)
64. 9T Jordan Jenkins (Georgia)
76. WR Pharoh Cooper (South Carolina)
21. 5T Chris Jones (Mississippi State)
53. CB Xavien Howard (Baylor)
84. WR Leonte Carroo (Rutgers)