Tags — mock draft, NFL Draft prospects, sleepers, dynasty rookie draft
Twitter @CFBMetrics, @FFMetrics
At College Football Metrics, we want to outperform all other scouting services in correctly evaluating where teams should take prospects in the NFL Draft. But we also want to lead the way in predicting what teams will actually do with their draft picks. In 2015, we made our debut in The Huddle Report’s exclusive, expert-only NFL Draft contests. CFM took 5th place (out of 113) in the mock draft competition and 4th place (out of 56) in the top 100 board competition. In 2016, we want double crowns!
CFM has partnered with Xavier Cromartie (Twitter @xaviercromartie) to produce mock drafts and top 100 prospect boards based on his latest intel, research, and analysis. Xavier was the final grand prize winner of ESPN’s NFL Draft 1st Round Forecast game, and he is the undefeated Play The Draft Champion Emeritus.
Draft scenarios change as new information comes in during draft season, and so we will run updates here as often as Xavier makes adjustments to his mocks and boards.
New position labels:
9T = 9-technique = 3-4 OLB
7T = 7-technique = 4-3 DE
5T = 5-technique = 3-4 DE
3T = 3-technique = 4-3 DE
1T = 1-technique = 4-3 NT
0T = 0-technique = 3-4 NT
$LB = Moneybacker = the Deone Bucannon position
Round 1 (team/player/school/ + or – from last report/pick # last report)
Needs: QB, FS, C, WR, CB
I give Wentz a 75% chance here over Goff.
Needs: QB, WR, SS, FS, 9T
I am going to disagree with Jeremiah and Zierlein and say that CLE does not pass on a franchise QB for an injured 4-3 WLB.
Needs: LT, 5T, FS, C, TE
Don’t overthink it.
Needs: 7T, 3T, CB, RB, WR
Their top choice all along.
Needs: SS, 7T, C, MLB, CB
Only other real option would be Jack.
Needs: 5T, 9T, G, CB, MLB
Should land either Bosa or Buckner.
Needs: QB, CB, WR, MLB, G
Starting at this pick, you have to start wondering about the true value of Paxton Lynch.
Needs: CB, G, RB, 7T, QB
Seems pretty likely at this point.
Needs: CB, 7T, FS, RT, WR
Trade down candidate.
Needs: LT, CB, MLB, FS, WR
Hargreaves and Jack are also appealing.
Needs: LT, CB, 5T, 9T, RB
Probably would be fine with Stanley or Conklin.
Needs: 7T, 3T, WLB, WR, CB
The Saints’ pick is uncertain; Jack’s stock is uncertain. Stick them together.
Needs: CB, RB, G, WLB, 7T
They kind of have to take a CB here.
Needs: MLB, 3T, 5T, SS, RB
Or a d-lineman.
Needs: RT, SS, FS, CB, G
They clearly want a right tackle. Conklin or Decker.
Needs: LT, 3T, 7T, SS, C
I had this pick a long time ago, and now I’m coming back to it.
Needs: WLB, TE, SS, WR, 7T
Maybe one of the Clemson guys if Lee isn’t available.
Needs: 9T, RB, 1T, RT, MLB
Seems too low for Floyd but too early for Noah Spence. Lots of talk about upgrading at NT.
Needs: 7T, RT, WLB, WR, QB
Some like Rankins around 10 whereas others say 30, so he goes near the middle of that range.
Needs: 9T, QB, 5T, MLB, TE
Not necessarily at pick 20. Might move up. I match teams with players.
Needs: CB, MLB, 1T, C, WR
Like with the Saints, I don’t know what to do with the team nor the player, so they go together.
Needs: WR, TE, SS, 5T, 0T
Needs: WR, 3T, CB, C, WLB
Does anyone not have a WR here?
Needs: WR, 7T, CB, 1T, SS
I still don’t understand the Anquan Boldin comparison.
Needs: CB, SS, 9T, LT, 1T
Whoever the best DB available is.
Needs: LT, RT, 3T, CB, G
Their whole o-line is rubbish.
Needs: LT, MLB, WR, 1T, RB
They’ll settle for whichever LT is available.
Needs: CB, 9T, G, QB, WR
I doubt I’ll change this pick.
Needs: SS, C, 9T, CB, MLB
It is mock draft law that Dodd must go before Lawson.
Needs: CB, SS, LT, RB, 7T
I’m just sticking these Clemson guys in the 1st round even though I think they’re more like 2nd rounders.
Needs: QB, 5T, G, WLB, RB
Do scouts just put Alabama players at the top of the rankings until they have time to watch other players?
*See more of our football work at Fantasy Football Metrics.com
Dropped out: RB Alex Collins (75), G Vadal Alexander (82), MLB Beniquez Brown (88), CB James Bradberry (90), WR Leonte Carroo (91), OT Joe Haeg (99)
Dynasty Rookie Draft analysis begins immediately after the draft on College Football Metrics.com. The first of 10-15 Dynasty Rookie Draft top 100+ (with IDP) rankings will hit immediately after the 2016 NFL Draft.
29. 7T Kevin Dodd (Clemson)
93. CB/S KeiVarae Russell (Notre Dame)
17. WLB Darron Lee (Ohio State)
50. TE Hunter Henry (Arkansas)
81. $LB Jeremy Cash (Duke)
6. 5T DeForest Buckner (Oregon)
36. $LB Su’a Cravens (Southern California)
70. 9T Jordan Jenkins (Georgia)
19. 3T Sheldon Rankins (Louisville)
49. QB Christian Hackenberg (Penn State)
80. WLB Deion Jones (Louisiana State)
30. 7T Shaq Lawson (Clemson)
62. S Darian Thompson (Boise State)
93. RB Kenyan Drake (Alabama)
11. OT Jack Conklin (Michigan State)
41. CB Xavien Howard (Baylor)
72. 5T Jihad Ward (Illinois)
24. WR Corey Coleman (Baylor)
55. S Vonn Bell (Ohio State)
87. 3T Hassan Ridgeway (Texas)
2. QB Jared Goff (Cal)
32. WR Michael Thomas (Ohio State)
65. 9T Yannick Ngakoue (Maryland)
99. OT Willie Beavers (Western Michigan)
4. CB/S Jalen Ramsey (Florida State)
34. RB Derrick Henry (Alabama)
67. 7T Bronson Kaufusi (Brigham Young)
31. 5T A’Shawn Robinson (Alabama)
63. G Joshua Garnett (Stanford)
94. QB Dak Prescott (Mississippi State)
98. RB CJ Prosise (Notre Dame)
16. 1T Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech)
46. OT Le’Raven Clark (Texas Tech)
95. S Justin Simmons (Boston College)
Green Bay Packers
27. OT Jason Spriggs (Indiana)
57. 1T Austin Johnson (Penn State)
88. WR Pharoh Cooper (South Carolina)
22. WR Will Fuller (Notre Dame)
52. 0T Andrew Billings (Baylor)
85. TE Austin Hooper (Stanford)
18. 1T Jarran Reed (Alabama)
48. 9T Kamalei Correa (Boise State)
82. RB Devontae Booker (Utah)
5. 7T Joey Bosa (Ohio State)
38. C Ryan Kelly (Alabama)
69. $LB Miles Killebrew (Southern Utah)
Kansas City Chiefs
28. CB Eli Apple (Ohio State)
59. 9T Kyler Fackrell (Utah State)
Los Angeles Rams
1. QB Carson Wentz (North Dakota State)
13. CB William Jackson (Houston)
42. 7T Emmanuel Ogbah (Oklahoma State)
73. RB Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech)
23. WR Josh Doctson (Texas Christian)
54. CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson)
86. 3T Sheldon Day (Notre Dame)
New England Patriots
60. WR Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma)
61. G Cody Whitehair (Kansas State)
91. 7T Carl Nassib (Penn State)
96. C Graham Glasgow (Michigan)
New Orleans Saints
12. WLB Myles Jack (UCLA)
47. QB Connor Cook (Michigan State)
78. K Roberto Aguayo (Florida State)
New York Giants
10. OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame)
40. 3T Robert Nkemdiche (Mississippi)
71. RB Jordan Howard (Indiana)
New York Jets
20. QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis)
51. 3T Jonathan Bullard (Florida)
83. TE Nick Vannett (Ohio State)
14. MLB Reggie Ragland (Alabama)
44. S Karl Joseph (West Virginia)
75. 3T Maliek Collins (Nebraska)
8. RB Ezekiel Elliott (Ohio State)
77. CB Zack Sanchez (Oklahoma)
79. QB Cardale Jones (Ohio State)
100. G Joe Dahl (Washington State)
25. S Keanu Neal (Florida)
58. 9T Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State)
89. WR Charone Peake (Clemson)
San Diego Chargers
3. OT Laremy Tunsil (Mississippi)
35. 5T Chris Jones (Mississippi State)
66. C Nick Martin (Notre Dame)
San Francisco 49ers
7. CB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida)
37. WR Tyler Boyd (Pittsburgh)
68. MLB Joshua Perry (Ohio State)
26. OT Germain Ifedi (Texas A&M)
56. 3T Adolphus Washington (Ohio State)
90. CB/S Sean Davis (Maryland)
97. OT Caleb Benenoch (UCLA)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. 9T Leonard Floyd (Georgia)
39. CB Artie Burns (Miami)
74. OT Shon Coleman (Auburn)
15. OT Taylor Decker (Ohio State)
33. CB Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech)
43. CB/S TJ Green (Clemson)
45. 9T Noah Spence (Eastern Kentucky)
64. WR Braxton Miller (Ohio State)
76. G Christian Westerman (Arizona State)
21. WR Laquon Treadwell (Mississippi)
53. 1T Kenny Clark (UCLA)
84. MLB Kentrell Brothers (Missouri)